Department of Social Sciences & Health Policy
Section on Social and Behavioral Sciences
The Section on Social and Behavioral Sciences focuses on individuals and/or their families and immediate social networks (micro level) rather than on the larger social environment(s) or community (macro level). Section faculty and staff seek to improve health and quality of life through social and behavioral approaches. Goals of this section are:
- To provide a regular forum for sharing and developing ideas and hypotheses for future research projects.
- To foster new research collaborations among faculty.
- To assist faculty in better identifying funding sources for research interests.
- To provide mentoring for junior and new faculty affiliated with Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- To participate in teaching activities of the Section and PHS.
- To conduct service and community outreach activities to improve the health status of individuals and/or their families.
- To continue to develop a strategic plan for the Section’s development, infrastructure and growth.
- To promote social and behavioral sciences research at WFU.